Inclined Orbit Capacity—A Cost-Saving Solution for a Range of Customers
At the end of the satellite’s lifetime, Intelsat will allow the spacecraft to drift into inclined orbit (IO) to prolong its operation.
Intelsat’s IO capacity:
- Is ideal for applications that already require satellite-tracking capabilities, such as ships, airplanes or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
- Can be used with antenna sizes ranging from 12in (e.g., COTM-type) to 32m
- Supports 19.2 kbps to 155 Mbps links
- Offers identical service types as station-kept satellites as long as earth stations have satellite tracking capabilities
- Provides a 20-30% lower-cost, technically sound alternative, particularly when station-kept capacity is scarce or at a premium