High Performance. Open Architecture.
Intelsat EpicNG offers you a major design breakthrough for increased satellite throughput and performance. This new constellation of high-throughput spacecraft marks the progressive evolution of our global network, incorporating new C, Ku and Ka spot beams into our fleet to create differentiated solutions for your applications. The high-performance platform is designed to exceed the capabilities of leading service providers, enabling throughput in the range of 25-60 Gbps per satellite, about 10 times that of traditional satellites and triple that of next-generation Ka-band solutions. Higher throughput will provide you with technical and economic benefits for a wide range of your satellite communication applications.
- High performance and lower cost per-bit
- Supports migration from MSS to broadband FSS
- Compatible with a range of multi-media on-the-move applications
- Addresses current and expected areas of operations and surge
- Compatible with your network concept of operations
- Supports broadcast or multicast imagery dissemination
- Offers full data path agility with IntelsatOne or your own sanctuary gateways
- Delivers guaranteed access to capacity for mission critical applications
- Open architecture
- Backward compatibility allows use of your existing network infrastructure and your network topology for lower total cost
- Forward compatible as ground technology advances
- Compliant with Information Assurance standards for resilience
- Provides enhanced quality assurance surveillance capabilities
The first Intelsat EpicNG satellite (IS-29e) is in service and the second satellite, IS-33, launched in August 2016, will be operational in early 2017. Three additional EpicNG satellites will be entering service in 2017.